With ten years of veterinary practice and four years of writing a popular pet blog on a daily basis, Dr. Vogelsang understands the pet community. Her speaking style mirrors her blog: if it’s not fun, it’s not interesting. If you’re looking for a speaker with 5,000 Power Point slides full of text, keep moving along. Dr. Vogelsang covers a wide range of topics including:
- Quick and Dirty Veterinary Social Media: shortcuts to getting a social media program off the ground
- Top 3 Social Media Channels for Veterinarians: You don’t need to join every single social media site on the planet, nor should you. Here’s the ones that count.
- Don’t Burn Out, Run Away: how international volunteering can remind you why you love this field
- How to talk to clients on social media: If you’re talking to potential clients on Facebook the same way you do in the exam room, you’re missing the point of social media. Learn what the pet community is looking for when they log on and how to engage that group to drive new clients off the computer and into your clinic.
- Graceful Passing: It’s rarely talked about, but counseling owners about the process of death is one of the most important and meaningful services you can provide. As a home euthanasia provider, Dr. Vogelsang will outline what to offer, how to talk to clients about death, and how to ease some of the pain of this process for our wonderful clients.
If you’re interested in having Dr. Vogelsang as a speaker, please contact us at drv (at) pawcurious.com for more information.
Prior Speaking Engagements
“25 Big Ideas for Social Media”, AAHA 2013, March 14, Phoenix, AZ
“Today’s Top Social Media Networks”, AAHA 2013, March 14, Phoenix, AZ
“Protecting your Online Reputation”, AAHA 2013, March 14, Phoenix, AZ
“Veterans of the Social Media Warzone”, AAHA 2013, March 14, Phoenix, AZ
“Social Media A-Z”, ACES International Conference 2012, Sep 27-29, San Diego, CA
“What’s Super Healthy and has 6 Legs?”, BarkWorld Expo 2012, October 25-27, Atlanta, GA
Samples of Past Presentation Topics
Blogging Your Way to Better Practice
Dr. Vogelsang’s presentation at the 2011 BlogPaws convention covered the 5 cardinal rules for writing an engaging pet blog as well as some of the important dos and don’ts of topics to cover. This presentation, while geared towards veterinarians, is applicable to anyone writing a pet-centric blog.
Social Media for Primates
Dr. Vogelsang’s keynote presentation at the 2011 Minneapolis Veterinary Hospital Manager’s Association covered the basic principles for effective engagement with the pet loving community in the social media sphere, using examples from chimpanzee society to illustrate the important points.