OK, maybe that is a wee bit of hyperbole, but I’m not Pioneer Woman here, OK? I can’t just post a picture of a cow and get 500 responses, or be dooce posting a picture of a pillow with 800 gushing responses. I’m still in the promotional phase here.
Speaking of hyperbole-
OK. Onto important details:
INAUGURAL PAWCURIOUS BLOGATHON SUPPORTING NATIONAL ANIMAL SHELTER APPRECIATION WEEK
1. START TIME: Friday at 6 pm PST. 1 post hourly until 5 pm on Saturday.
2. Topics: All sorts of stuff. Requests are being accepted now. 🙂 Requests accompanied by a pledge offer should said post be made are even better.
3. PRIZES! I have some fantastic prizes for people, but only for people who make a donation. If you don’t donate and claim a prize, I can’t exactly verify this since the pledges are going through a third party, but trust me, karma will catch up with you.
4. Donation amount: Anything! (The site lists a minimum donation but ignore it.)
5. HUMILIATIONS GALORE: I am going to attempt to eat a can of dog food. I was put up to this. I would not volunteer for this. I am incredibly squeamish about food and I have a very strong gag reflex. I went to college for 8 years to not have to do stuff like this.
I am willing to document this attempt live via webcam IF and ONLY if this nets my shelter at least $50 in pledges for a successful go. That works out to about $2 a bite. Seriously, if you offered me $50 to eat a can of dog food just because, I’d laugh at you. That is a total deal.
To sweeten the deal, Susan at Cumberland Valley Animal Hospital has agreed to double down on me, 2 bites for every one of mine. And she’s letting me pick the flavor. This is crazy, I tell you. CRAZY! She has no fear!
You can make a pledge now in the comments. You don’t have to donate yet. I’m just deciding whether to do it, and for ten measly bucks, no way.
6. Live chat kickoff! At 6pm, we’ll have a live chat going on to kick off the festivities. All are welcome! Biscuits by Lambchop (one of our prize sponsors) will be moderating. (It’s supposed to say page unavailable right now.)
7. Put me up to something! That is how we ended up with (5.) Want me to shave Brody? Dye your business name into his fur? Give you my cell for 24 hour availability for vet questions? Let’s talk.