Do any of you remember when Oprah used to do those “Oprah’s Favorite Things” shows? She’d come out in front of the audience who thought they were there for ’10 ways to dress thinner’ or some other Oprah-esque show, and then boom in her resonant voice, “It’s my Faaaaa-vorite THINGS, PEOPLE!!!” and everyone would burst into cheers.
Well, we’re a small outfit here, and while I won’t be giving away any Burberry dog coats or cars or anything, I did want to give a little something back to all of you for being so wonderful and supportive of the blog over the past year. This list is by no means exhaustive- an entire list of favorite things would be 10 pages long, but you gotta start somewhere. Hopefully I can make this a regular bit!
So without further ado, let’s get on with Brody’s FAAAVORITE THINGS GIVEAWAY!
1. You gotta be stylin’– Winner will get the collar of their choice from Sophie’s Threads on Etsy
2. You gotta be tasty– 2 winners each get two 4 oz bags of gluten free, healthy hand crafted treats from Biscuits by Lambchop. If you’re lucky your pet might share some with you (I eat em!)
3. You gotta be nourished– Winner will receive a Gift Duo from The Honest Kitchen:
- a 4 pound box of Force dehydrated, raw grain-free dog food (makes 17 pounds when rehydrated)
- The Made out of Love cookbook for you and your pet to enjoy!
4. You gotta be playful– Brody loooves his Puzzle Magic Hat. I hope your dog does too!
5. You gotta be realistic– I won a big and adorable gift basket at a raffle recently that was chock full of goodies for a kind of dog I don’t have (less than 12 pounds or so.) I realized, hey, I bet someone on the blog would love this. If I had a small female dog I would be so set. If YOU have a small female dog, you will be. It contains:
- a pink dog bed, 4 little bitty outfits, a tiara, a picture frame, a water bottle, and a stuffed dachshund toy. (There are more pictures on Flickr, complete with Koa looking forlornly at the items she is WAY too big for.)
6. You gotta love– I said I would donate a Kuranda dog bed to a shelter if you guys came through with Brody B-Day donations, which you did and then some. So I will donate two. I’m trying to get one for Roxy if I can get it arranged; the winner gets to designate a second shelter I will donate a bed to.
This prize was initially going to be a gift card to a big pet retailer, but I thought about it and decided spending the money on this was a better way to honor the things we all feel are important, so I chose this instead. I figured you all would understand.
7. You gotta chew– Far and away bully sticks and pizzles are Brody’s favorite chews. With a $25 gift certificate from K9cuisine.com, you can keep your dog in chewing heaven; if those aren’t your dog’s thing trust me, this site will have something else that is.
8. You gotta smell nice– Dog collars can get somewhat ripe, a wee bit pungent, hanging around with your dog doing all the same stinky stuff they do. The winner will get to choose a Dublin Dog No-Stink Dog Collar from Rusty Dawg Pet products so the only stink you’ll have to worry about is the one coming from your dog.
There are 3 ways to enter:
1. Comment below. One comment enters you for all the giveaways, but if there is something you know you wouldn’t use go ahead and say so and I will leave you out of that drawing. One prize per individual!
2. Share this entry on Facebook, and link to it in a comment below.
3. Share this post on Twitter with the hashtag #pawcurious
I will announce winners Monday! PLEASE check back on the blog as I can’t always find the winners by e-mail or other means and I want to make sure everyone gets their prizes!
FTC disclaimer: Some of the items were purchased by me, and others donated for the giveaway, but I have not accepted any compensation or free items in exchange for being included.